Sunday 27 May 2012

DAY FIFTEEN:

Lazy Sunday!!!! The alarm went off this morning for me to get up and go to church, but I was just too exhausted!! I rarely even left my bed all day haha. I did laundry, uploaded pictures, blogged, and slept! Oh, and I made ramen....well the South African version of it, which is just not as good at all! After sleeping all of the day, I finally got myself together to get ready to go out for our big group Sunday dinner. This week it was at this restaurant called Maestros, but sadly it was not Mexican food. It was still delicious though! It was like buffet style and had pretty much everything: chicken curry, roast beef, sweet potatoes, greek salad, pasta salads, fruit, and the most amazing chocolate pudding. But this time it was actually pudding not like the the cake that South Africans call pudding. It was so rich but so good! The restaurant was so cool! The whole building was glass and right on the beach, so the view was awesome!! We ate with our small groups (called community groups). It was fun to be able to catch up with everyone and hear about their weeks since some of us were separated. In the taxi on the way home from dinner, we saw an awful car crash! We had to pull over to the side of the road so Lance and Ish could go help the people. Like it was BAD!! Both cars had to have been totaled. The whole situation just gave me flashbacks of my accident and made me realize how lucky I was. Thankfully all the people involved in this wreck were just as fortunate and no one was too badly injured. We realized from this that we didn't know the emergency number here when someone said we should call 911 haha. Good thing we have the police captains number stored in our phones already haha. But, even though I slept all day, I am still exhausted and I have a VERY busy week ahead of me! Got our second week of grades back today and sadly I got my first A-. Ahhhhhh!! Sorry this blog wasn't very eventful but honestly I needed a day to just be lazy. We have been going NONSTOP since we landed! But I wouldn't have it any other way :)

No pictures today either considering the only thing I saw besides the restaurant was my room haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment