Sunday 27 May 2012

DAY FOURTEEN:

Finally have a day off to just relax and of course I do the exact opposite! We got to sleep in until 9 which felt like I was sleeping all day compared to last week. Then, since it's Saturday, we went right to Old Biscuit Mill for breakfast. Seriously obsessed with this place! Even Erin decided to come, epi pen in hand!! I decided to wait out the longest line (or should I say cue) and get the eggs benedict. I had never had eggs benedict before nor did I even really know what it was before yesterday. But, it was soooo good!!! Like everything else I have had to eat here. It was like this pancake of hash browns with a poached egg, bacon, and hollandaise sauce yummmm!! After Old Biscuit Mill, we went to the V & A waterfront for the first time. It was so pretty and thank goodness it was finally warm out!! This whole freezing every day while everyone at home is at the pool is killing me!!! But anyways, the waterfront is awesome! There are malls, markets for food and music and crafts, restaurants right on the water, a ferris wheel (that's closed for the winter :/), and a merry-go-round!! Parts of it look very similar to that place in Charleston where all the seafood restaurants are on the water and have all the outdoor porches (I don't remember the name. Shem's Creek maybe??). After we walked around there for a while, we decided to go to the green market again because they have better prices. A lot of the venders remembered me..... that can't be good haha. But, I managed to escape with only one purchase. Quite the improvement from the last time if I do say so myself! Once we got back, I had to catch up on my blogging from adventure week. Clearly I am not a blogger and have only been blogging for a week, but strangely enough, I missed it during adventure week! I had to stop updating my blog though cause Erin was making fun of me for blogging to techno music haha. It was on shuffle!! It's not like I have a blogging playlist! We decided to stay in for dinner and had pasta with tomato basil sauce (how domestic of us) and wine... lots of wine. Evidently South Africa is known for their Rosé, so we decided to try some, or a lot..., and it is awesome!! After dinner, we met up with some friends and went down to the hotel bar to wait for our taxi to take us out. But, our guide Martin was there! So he and some of his friends just got a taxi for us and paid for everything alll night haha. It was a success! Love Martin! Thankfully we got back in early than the last time I went out and I have all Sunday to actually relax!
My first eggs benedict!! 

V & A Waterfront!

The part of the waterfront that reminds me of Charleston.

Erin's first night out!!


Hotel bar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment