Sunday 10 June 2012

DAY TWENTY EIGHT:

No more lazy mornings this trip!! We were up bright and early to go to Old Biscuit Mill. Seriously obsessed with this place! I got the eggs benedict again because it's just so dang good!! After breakfast, we walked around some of the shops around the mill. They have all this cool jewelry and art... stuff i could never afford but still fun to look at! After we shopped around we got lunch from the Old Biscuit Mill to-go. They have this amazing station called Pesto Princess with the best... like best ever... pesto. But, you can get sandwiches too. You pick your bread and then they put pesto, tomato spread, humus, balsamic, and like fifteen other different sauces on it. Then you pick whatever toppings you want... like: chicken, egg plant, pickles, sun dried tomatoes, olives, avocado, cheese. Basically anything imaginable. Literally best sandwich of my life. I will bring Pesto Princess to America!! After we got our sandwiches, we took them to long street, which was an experience to say the least. As soon as we get out the cab, this man comes up to us and says and I quote: "Come on over bitches, you're on long street now." Oh dear lord. Where are we?? But this strip has really cute boutiques, so we stuck around for awhile, shopping and eating our yummy sandwiches. There were gates in front of all the doors,so to get you had to be buzzed in and buzzed out. These shops were fanncccccyyy. The place I bought my purse served champagne and truffles..... It was just such a contrast of wealth on the same street....unreal. We were approached numerous times by people asking for money and food, which is just so hard to begin with but even more so when they see us leaving these expensive boutiques with purchases... AND our Pesto Princesses. Awkward doesn't even begin to cover it. After long street we walked over to the Green Market. This group of young girls was having this performance in the square so we watched that as we waited for our cab to come get us. They had these clothes wrapped around their ankles that had tops of soda cans attached to them, so when they stomped their feet, they made this cool sound. They were so good and SO young!!! But, I cannot imagine doing that ALL day... they must have awesome leg muscles! When we got back to the hotel, I had to frantically finish my paper and thank god I did... probably not my best work but when in Africa.... Once I finished my paper, we went to Canal Walk for dinner and to get groceries. We had dinner at this taco mac esq place that had awesome burgers!! Our normal taxi drivers were off, so we had this new guy... NOT THE SAME!!! I missed our drivers and am seriously going to have withdrawals when we leave!! Tonight was the pub crawl, but my liver had enough from the last week, so I stayed in and finished my paper and slept haha. But when we got back from dinner, our cab drivers were all back and asking me why I wasn't going with them. I tried to explain the whole liver and paper thing but they were just not having it. Lance looks at me, completely serious, and goes: "the paper has to be five pages right?" yes, that's right Lance. "Well Kaylee let me help you out... one word per page: eat sh** and f**k you." LANCE?!?! Hahaha he is so funny!! Unfortunately, I couldn't do that but he did make me have a beer in the parking lot with him haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment